Community Meets Luxury
Sleight Farm’s blog about building a custom home and living in Dutchess County, NY.
New Construction Homes in Upstate NY – The Grove Sales Update
January 29, 2023
January is usually sleepy and snowy here in Dutchess County, but this year it’s been different. First of all, there’s been almost no snow during this unusually warm January. We didn’t expect that. It hasn’t been sleepy here either — at least, not at The Grove. Fortunately, we DID expect that.
We knew we’d be building homes throughout the winter. We also knew we’d be selling new home sites steadily from New Year’s into spring and beyond. The resale real estate market may be slowing, but not here in our latest new construction community at Sleight Farm.
We’re excited to share that there are only a few home sites left in Phase II! If you’ve been thinking of visiting us at our open model home and sales center, this is the time to do it. Take a look at our latest sales map:
Here’s why new construction proving to be a popular choice for our home buyers:
- Resale homes need work but are still priced high.
- New construction is an attractive alternative and the price differential is minimal right now. If they can wait to move, it makes sense.
- They know that the day they get the key to their home, that home has already been customized exactly the way they want it (and they’ve had lots of fun in the process). They don’t need to dream about remodeling the kitchen, redoing the floors, or changing out the tile in the bathroom. All that’s done, and it’s perfect.
Why are our buyers choosing The Grove over other new construction communities or new home builders in the Dutchess County area? This is what they’ve told us:
- Our price point is lower
- The lots are more attractive
- LMD is a well-established new home builder with a stellar reputation
- The Grove is an extension of an existing family neighborhood of beautiful homes
What are you waiting for? Come see for yourself why The Grove is shaping up to be one of the best places to live in Upstate NY.