Currently, visits to our Sales Center are by appointment only; please call (845) 205-7970 to schedule. Click here to read Sleight Farm’s COVID-19 Response.
Sleight Farm News
6 Reasons To Buy A Home With A First-Floor Master Bedroom
Why are more and more homebuyers looking for houses with first-floor master bedrooms? If you grew up in a “traditional” two-story home with all the bedrooms off one hallway, the idea of a master suite on the first floor might feel unfamiliar. But this is definitely more than a trend; it’s part of the future of new home construction. Here’s why:
1) While many parents prefer bedrooms to be close together while their children are young, as kids grow older (into the land of sleepovers, teen gatherings, and homework), defined living spaces that offer everyone more privacy might become important.
2) First-floor master bedrooms provide great opportunities for indoor-outdoor living. Add French or sliding-glass doors to a deck or backyard, and your master bedroom becomes a true home sanctuary where you can enjoy natural beauty that lies right outside your doorstep.
3) If you’re among the 20% of Americans who currently live in multigenerational households, you may need to accommodate aging parents or relatives; a first-floor master suite delivers accessibility for them as well as for their caregivers.
4) A master bedroom on the first floor may be part of your downsizing plan as your needs (and physical abilities) change, especially if your aim is to “age in place.” Shift to one-story living and simplify your household routine, reserving the upstairs for visitors, a home office, or other part-time uses.
5) Many two-story home floor plans feature two master suites – one on each floor – to offer further flexibility for multi-generational families, overnight visitors, and the evolution of your lifestyle as the years go by.
6) However you use your first-floor master bedroom, it’ll be an investment in the end: Historically, homes with a first-floor master bedroom have excellent resale value and sell quickly.
Here at Sleight Farm, we designed the Fairfield floor plan in our The Glens neighborhood with this in-demand new home feature in mind. The Fairfield includes a master suite on the first floor with en-suite bathroom and a walk-in closet.
What possibilities can a first-floor master suite open up for you and your family?